Monday, September 14, 2009

This Is Who I Am (Day One) Love is Patient


Last weekend our Adult Sunday School class got together and watched the movie "Fire Proof". This is the first time I've watched it. I thought it was a very good movie. And yes I cannot believe this is the first time I watched.


The reason we watched this is because we were/are starting the "Love/Dare" Class - the 40 day challenge. (the link I posted lists the first weeks challenges - the book goes more in depth. That is the first week, to the right lists all the weeks - total 8).


We met for the first time yesterday - your dares/challenges start each Monday...and goes through Friday. I'm going to try to post day by day (if I can) each love dare. I know this will be an amazing class, and I know I will learn a lot. Not only about my husband, but mainly about myself. I know I need work, and I think this will help me.


Day One - Love is Patient (I don't know about you guys, but I am one of the most unpatient people there are!)


Be completely humble, and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love - Ephesians 4:2 NIV


Today's Dare:


The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although Love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the conditions of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.


_______ Check here when you've completed today's dare.


_________________________________________


I know for myself this is a challenge...Patience is very hard to come by, I don't know if it's lessons learned, or it is something aquired, if so I haven't yet. I know this dare will help me. And this is only the first part of the dare.


I got up extra early this morning - exercised..and prayed. I really want to do this, and be positive about it. I challenge each of you to try this, and to watch the movie if you haven't. It is eye-opening.


**** also the songs I'm posting are songs from the fireproof soundtrack - they may not have anything to do with the post.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so impatient too! So I can def relate. Good luck with this, I will do this dare with yout oday!=)

AmyT said...

Thanks Lindsey...I think it will be good, and def teach me a LOT!!

JennyLee said...

I really want to get this book. I've heard so many good things about it. I am so with you on the patience issue. I have zilch.