Monday, May 11, 2009

Motherrrrrrr.........

Happy Late Mothers Day to all you ladies!! Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day! Friday night we had our Mother Daughter Banquet - it was very nice!! I wrote a poem (which I do for every Mothers Day) I will put it at the bottem.

After the banquet - we just sort of hung out ... had some family time. Saturday, we did some cleaning...didn't do a whole lot, just spent time with the family, which is always good.

Sunday - I woke up to many "Happy Mothers Day's"......Jerimy of course woke me up at around midnight to tell me Happy Mothers Day!

We had a really nice service Sunday morning - we ended up having lunch with Jerimy's Folks - Taco Salad...it was yummy. Sunday afternoon we headed over to my folks - dad grilled hamburgers and sausge - yummo!! My sis/bro and their families were there with their kiddos. Needless to say - the kids had LOTS of fun!! All in all - it was a very nice day!

Sarah, McKenna, and Brylee (of course not facing) at the Mother Daughter Banquet

This is something Braxton made in school for me - I thought it was so cute, he also made handprints. (He and Brylee also made me flowers in Sunday School). What I find really cute is that he only thinks I'm 16!! whoo hoo. He hit a lot of things on the head with this! On the card playing, he and I play 'free cell' on the computer together! On that note (of age)- the youth Friday night thought I was only 25!! Not just the youth but older couples - they think Jerimy and I are only in our early 20's...aren't they sweet!!

Jerimy and the kiddos got me this pretty locket for mothers day!!!!

Me and the kiddos getting ready to go to church!

Me and Jerimy

Mom - Dad and Memphis, my brothers little girl

McKenna and Kennedy - Abbi's little girl



Braxton on the slide, and Brylee heading up

Brylee posing!

Brylee trying to pull Kennedy and Memphis!!
OK ladies.....here is a Mothers Day Poem for you!!
The Hats of Mother
The hats of mother
are more than we can dream,
she does so much
more than it will ever seem.

She wears the hat ofdoctor
taking care of all;
the bandaging of scrapes,
making soup, whatever the call.

Mother wears the hat of
taxi driver - here and there;
taking us where we need
all her time she does spare.

She has a chef hat
tall and white,
she can prepare us anything
with out a gripe.

Mother has a hat that
any sports person would wear,
going to our games
supporting us showing how much she does care.

She has a helmet
something that does shield,
giving us protectionand
confidence she can build.

Mother has a clown ha
tshe brings out time to time;
showing she can be funny
bringing a smile that does shine.

She has a hat a seamstress
puts on when she sews,
she can stitch up or hem
any part of our clothes.

She wears the hat of
A janitor or maid,
Cleaning up all our
Messes without getting paid.

Mother has a hat that
She would wear each Sunday,
This hat very special
Teaching us of God and how to pray

Each of our Mothers
So special indeed,
God made her for US,
Filling whatever our need.

Amy Thompson 2009










6 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like you had a fantastic weekend and Mother's Day!

Lindsey said...

What a great Mother's Day! Love the pics and the poem!

noone said...

lovely poem!! Looks like you had a great mother's day weekend! And 16?! That's too cute, I'd say you could pass for 15. LOL ;)

Jill said...

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a great mother's day!!! missed you girlie:)

Jaime said...

Happy "late" Mother's Day to you too!! Looks like you guys had fun! Love the poem!!!