Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat









These are some of the most fondest memories I remember as a child - going "Trick or Treating" Piling up in a car - searching for that porch light to be on...TONS of candy!! Mom and dad 'having' to check our candy - I seriously think this was a ploy for mom and dad to pick out the candy they wanted!!

Mom always made our costumes (no walmart junk - searching through picked over costumes) we had costume contests at school, and even had a parade - at school....everyone got SO excited.
MY MY how times have changed!! We took our children out trick or treating last night...we have a certain street we go down...it's just not like it used to be - not too many porch lights on now'a days. They don't dress up at school...they just have a "party". It's so sad I hate how things have changed so much from when I was a child. There are so many worries these days.

We did have a good time, and the kids enjoyed it!! McKenna went as a "punky pirate" sad to say this may be her last year :-( Braxton went as "Bat Man", and Brylee went as You know I'm not really sure what that was, but she sure was cute I say it was a "Milk Maid Pricess" :-)

I miss the "good ol' days", but oh how I SO enjoy the Present days with my kiddos!!!!

No comments: