Thursday, February 18, 2010

You're one in a million

I have to do a little bragging on my hubby today :-)

He takes our smallest 2 children to school every morning (unless something comes up, which isn't very often). I take our oldest. This is such a huge help to me. I do get up and wake the kiddos up and get them ready - he starts the car and puts their lunch in their lunch boxes. This small task saves me soooo much time. I would have to get up 30 minutes earlier if I had to take them to school - I'd have to put on my uniform...take them, come home get McKenna then take her - whewwww I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but having 3 kiddos - trying to get them all ready taking them to school in opposite directions...it really is a lot.

AT any rate. The hubs took the 2 smallest to school this morning....on his way out the guidance couselor stopped him. She introduced herself, then proceeded to ask my hubby if he had a moment to talk - First thoughts "what have they done now?" she just says to him, I want to commend you on walking your children to class every morning, we don't see that too often - especially dads. It's nice seeing a daddy so invovled in their children's lives, it really does mean a lot, and I just want to thank you.

I am so proud of my wonderful husband, I know I don't say it often enough, or thank him often enough....but he is one special man!! He really is one awesome dad - and a terrific husband!!!

*****

On the weight loss front, we didn't weigh in this week, I sort of been lacking - I'm still eating pretty good - I even turned down delish double chocolate brownies at lunch on Sunday!!!! That is a HUGE step!!!!! I did weigh myself, and I was down another pound....so we're 'moving' :-)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aww what asweet post for your hubs, he sounds like a great guy! I'm glad you two have each other!